How to Root Galaxy S4 (GT-i9500) on Android 4.4.2 KitKat – Install CWM Recovery
Custom recovery tools like ClockworkMod helps you in getting and installing custom ROM, rooting your devices and creating / restoring Nandroid backups. ClockworkMod Recovery 6 is now available for the season’s hot cake, Samsung Galaxy S4 smartphone.
- 1. Free download Android ROOT and install it on your computer.
- 2. Make sure your device is powered ON.
- 3. At least 80% battery level.
- 4. USB Cable (the original one recommended).
- 5. Enable USB Debugging on your device.
- Make sure you have USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S4 on your computer.
- ClockworkMod recovery tool
- Odin3 v3.04
- Turn your SGS4 off and boot into Download mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down and Home buttons together. Then press the Power key until you see the Android bot and a triangle. Press the Power button again to confirm.
- Open Odin on your computer and connect your device while in the download mode. One of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow on successful connection.
- Check the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options. Next, click on PDA button on ODIN and select the CWM-i9500_EXP.tar file extracted from the earlier downloaded files. Click on Start button to initiate the installation process.
- Once the installation is finished successfully, your smartphone will reboot automatically and ID:COM box will turn green.
· When you see the home screen, disconnect your Galaxy S4 from your computer.
Note: to get in to the Recovery mode, switch off your phone and then press and hold the Home and Volume Up buttons and press the Power key for a few seconds.
NOTE: THE AUTHOR OF THIS SITE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU MESS UP YOUR PHONE, PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS TWICE BEFORE TRYING IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST TIME TO ROOTING AND CUSTOM ROMS!