Facebook Messenger is mostly used by Facebook users to connect and communicate with their friends. Though Mac has its own native app for chat app, the imessage is not adopted by all. A quick search for Facebook messenger for Mac will reveal quite a number of third-party apps. You can now get an official download from Facebook through the App store.
Facebook Messenger For Mac
However in a recent move by Facebook, they have developed an App for Facebook Messenger, this can now be downloaded on your device. A prompt to download Facebook Messenger comes up whenever you chat through the message tab.
Facebook Messenger For Mac
Features of the Facebook Messenger for Mac
Messenger is a fast, free and reliable way to stay in touch. It’s just like texting, but you don’t have to pay for every message (it works with your data plan).
- Get to your messages without opening Facebook.
- Bring your conversations to life with stickers.
- Send photos privately.
- Have group conversations and make plans on the go.
- Text your phone contacts, even if you’re not Facebook friends.
- Share your location so people know when you’re nearby.
- Record voice messages.
- Make free calls, even to friends in other countries.
- Know when people have seen your messages.
- See who’s available on Messenger and who’s active on Facebook.
- Stay logged in so you never miss a message.
- Turn off notifications when you’re working, sleeping or just need a break.
According to a latest release by Facebook:
In the next few days, we’re continuing to notify more people who want to send and receive Facebook messages, they’ll need to download the Messenger app. As we’ve said, our goal is to focus development efforts on making Messenger the best mobile messaging experience possible and avoid the confusion of having separate Facebook mobile messaging experiences. Messenger is used by more than 200 million people every month, and we’ll keep working to make it an even more engaging way to connect with people.
Facebook for iOS can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]
Facebook Messenger for iOS can be downloaded from the App Store for free. [Direct Link]
Astro for Facebook Messenger
This is probably the most popular third-party Facebook Messenger App, it supports the following.
1. The only app which support group message
2. Privacy control, turn off chat to specified users.
3. Drag & drop attachments
Other Alternative Non Facebook Messenger
You can use any of the apps started above if you do not want to use the Facebook Messenger, however Facebook designed the app for the users on its platform to communicate seamlessly.